Are we having fun yet?

Pushmonkey

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Still needs a better IF.  

We have that at AAA right now. They just need brought up. Well at least 2 pieces. Nevin is a place holder. Oder and Urias can rotate at 2nd. Oder being that clubhouse leader etc only reason to keep. Mateos being the rotating at SS and ultimate bench speed and defense. 

I don't get the impression Trey wants to leave.  I think he really likes it in Baltimore and wants to see the rebuild through. It would be great to see him play for a contender.  Why can't that contender be the Baltimore Orioles?

It warns my heart to see these guys smiling and having fun while they enjoy these wins. It's been a long, dark few years. 

And I'm glad they aren't having fun like the San Diego Padres tonight wearing these uniforms.  What in the hell are they wearing?  

Poor Trout...just read his SB attempt tonight his first of season.    Feel he and Ohtani (caught stealing tonight himself) gotta be battling some frustration trying to push the rock of that roster up the hill.

I think in Trout's career path it has mostly become settled law his Bat is too good to risk hurting himself frolicking on the bases.

1 hour ago, Orioles4Life21 said:

Next we just need to get to 60-61 and then bring a cardboard cutout of Louis Angelos into the clubhouse to peel a section off with every win

Have to post it, just have too!

• Upvote 1

3 games under .500 on July 8 and a 6 game win streak? What would have been the over / under before the season? And to do it with no Means or GRod contribution? Holy Harry Carey.

3B is a black hole right now.... If Gunnar can fight his current mini-funk, show up and add to the shot in the arm Adley has been, whoa Cowboy.

And just to continue the fantasy, if Hall can arrive and add a little lightning to the pitching staff..... Yes, please.

Was never an Odor fan before this year (punching Joey Batz notwithstanding), but gotta say he's added something to the team. He'll be traded, we'll be underwhelmed with the return, but its the cycle of life.

To all of which, I don't want to lose Mancini. I know he's likely to fetch us a decent prospect or a couple lottery tickets, but damn damn damn, he's too connected to the sinew of this team and he feels like the glue that holds it all together. Santander I'd miss a bit, but trading him opens the Stowers door. Please do not entertain Hays or Mullins trades.......

And don't cha know it, I'm having fun at 4pm EST each day again after 4+ years of drudgery..... Be still my rapidly aging heart. Suddenly, the adult beverages are tasting sweeter!

You give SportsGuy and RZNJ refreshments of their choices. One wants dr peppers and the other wants coca cola. Interloper up the anti and demand Natty Boh and budwiser but only in bottle form.

tio

Settling these Gods of OH into form fitting and comfortable chairs we became something not what we wanted but something that would be right for us in this generation.

Frobby would have to drafIt a group amoung our peers and to elevate themselves into a modern version of "The baseball Gods"

It should be formed from people of mostly good report (Not Moose Milligan).

Some should be outstanding citizens if we can gather them to us. (JTrea81?)

Okay it comes down to choose the talent that will have to reestablish a type of kangaroo court but not like it was. It will be a combination group not designed to publically embarrass the players or reportersl.

I beg, i demand that

Adley Rutschman gets the first leader hat. In his job he is responsible for giving a quarter for every thing in the game that he did that warrented a good results.

Someone who gets 12 quarters has the right to sit next to the gm for a total ride next to elias and is allowed to pick elias brain.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

This has been a fun ride for sure.  To me, it’s not about the playoffs.  It’s just about enjoying Orioles baseball again.  Not only is it enjoyable - we haven’t even scratched the surface of what’s to come (and I’m not even contemplating free agent additions).  Give Elias some credit.  Who would have thought this team could bring us so much joy (and a minor league system that is ready to produce big-time)!  

• Upvote 1